Sunday, June 22, 2008

First one in

So here, finally I start another blog, this time exclusively for movies!! To start with, my comments on movies that came to theatres this week in town.

Incredible Hulk - Well, an Edward-Norton-starrer-Superhero-movie turning out to be a usual Hollywood popcorn trash was a bit of a surprise for me. There was a bit of CGI overdose, Liv Tyler looked damn old, actors like William Hurt and Tim Roth have been wasted and that sums it up well. The appearance of Tony Stark from Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr) in the epilogue turned out to be a small bonus though.

De Taali - No plans of seeing this one. Saw the promos in TV. Rimi Sen with her hands tied up, Ritesh Deshmukh her kidnapper. Reminded me of 'Saving Silverman' starring Jack Black and Amanda Peet. The scene looked exactly the same. I havent seen 'Saving Silverman' but it comes in HBO usually and have caught glimpses of it. Now the Rajeev Masand review tells me that its infact an inspiration or copy or remake or whatever you want to call it... Sigh!

1 comment:

Cris said...

Great going! You should have started this blog 5 years ago :-)
This is perfect for you!

By the way can you enable Name/URL comments in your comment settings?

-Cris
My Blog