Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hollywood and July 2008

If anyone did notice, last couple of Hollywood months had a good dose of superhero stuff. Marvel Comics came out with the movie versions of Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. If you were thinking you had the best of it, then hold your breath and dont say it because like someone sang (yes, Tony Bennett did sing these lines), "The Best is yet to come"!!

Releasing in the couple of weeks are two of the most anticipated sequels from Hollywood this year. One being the visual maestro Guillermo Del Tero's "HellBoy and the Golden Army". The first part finds a place in my Top 10 superhero movies (which will be another post soon :) .

Then comes the Dad of all superhero movies - "The Dark Knight". Directed by Christopher Nolan, last seen carrying 'The Prestige" and scripted by Jonathan Nolan (The author of 'Memento Mori'), the movie stars Christian Bale, Late Heath Ledger, Aaron EckHart (remember "ThankYou For Smoking"?) etc..

My town is waiting the release of yet another Superhero movie "Hancock" starring Will Smith and I hear that its coming here this weekend.

Meanwhile check out WALL-E in imdb. Its rated at 8.9/10 with over 27000 votes and has a place in Top 20 movies in the IMDB Top 250!!! The biggest animation movie ever made? Only time will tell....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm doesnt look a month I could look forward to. My kid cousin tells me to go watch Hulk. Can you do a review of that?

Quest Institute of English said...

@cris, my take on Hulk is already there in http://themoviesedition.blogspot.com/2008/06/first-one-in.html

Its just a few lines though; not a proper review...

About the July releases, I remember u telling me that you found 'Batman begins' very nice. The Dark Knight is its sequel :).